Here's an alternative Christmas Treat that is both delicious and great for your body, mind, and soul during the festive season.
Gluten Free/ Dairy Free/ Vegan🌱
1 normal spoon Chia seeds
1 tea spoon Natural Maple Syrup
2 normal spoons of Water
1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon ground
1 teaspoon Freshly Grated Ginger Root
6 pitted Medjool Dates
1/2 a Cup Activated Almonds (Almonds soaked in water for 3 to 4 hours)
1/4 of a Cup Pecans
1 Table spoon Almondbutter (unsalted)
1 normal spoon Lemon zest
1/4 Cup of Cranberries (dried)
1/2 a Cup Shredded Coconut
PREPARATION: Before you start to make this recipe you will need to soak 1/2 a Cup of almonds in about 1 Cup of water for 3-4 hours to activate them. This is an important step as it helps the mixture to bind together and also aids in digestion.
- Place the Activated Almonds and Pecans into a heavy duty blender or magimix and blend on a high speed until the nuts turn into a finely cut flour like mixture.
- Add all of the ingredients including the almond and pecan mix into a bowl and bind all the ingredients together.
- Then place the mixture back in the blender or magimix until the mixture is fully mixed together and forms a slightly sticky texture.
- Then roll the mixture into balls.
- Lightly Toast the Coconut in a pan or in the oven on a very low heat. make sure to keep an eye on the coconut as it toast very quickly.
- Roll the Toasted Coconut onto the balls and serve or place in the fridge.
Makes 8 -10 Christmas Bliss Balls.
Leave a comment