Hi I’m Willow, I’m 17 and in my last year at high school. I have struggled with problem skin for around 4 years and although I would love to have clear skin I’m committed to doing it the natural way. I try to drink lots of water, avoid sugary and processed foods and eat lots of fruit, leafy green veggies and organic food when possible. Recently I started using some of the lovely Tier for Teens face products and I love that while they are really gentle and beneficial for my skin, they are all natural and not tested on animals.
Here is a recipe for a juice which I really enjoy!
Juice Recipe for two people
- One tablespoon ground flax seeds- These seeds are high in omega 3 fatty acids, which helps to reduce inflammation, improve digestion, balance hormones and unblock arteries.
- A generous handful of baby spinach leaves - High in Zinc, which helps to reduce an overload of DHT (which is a super androgen that can cause hormonal acne)
- Half a raw beetroot- High in sulphur which helps to detox the liver
- 1 peeled orange - High in Vitamin C to boost your immune system as well as adding some sweetness
- 10 fresh mint leaves - a great antioxidant and helps to balance hormones.
- 1/4 of a cucumber (chopped) - a natural diuretic, promotes the cleansing of toxins in the kidneys.
- Celery ( 5 cm stick) - Helps to reduce inflammation and prevent the over production of oil
- 1 teaspoon of grated ginger root- Helps to reduce inflammation and encourages healing.
- The juice of one lemon- Is an astringent which helps to reduce pores and limit oil production, as well as having antiseptic properties that help to eliminate bad bacteria.
- Half a carrot orange or purple - beta-carotene (vitamin A) healthy mucus membrane and healthy glowing skin, boost immune system
- 1 teaspoon organic apple cider vinegar - balances your bodies pH levels, good for digestion which is great for forehead acne
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- A handful of ice
Blend in a heavy duty blender and enjoy!